Tuesday, January 10, 2017

~Tasty Tuesday 1/10/17~

Guess what day it is! That's right Tasty Tuesday! 


Today I have some crockpot chili! I was somewhat skeptical at first because, I've only made this one other time before but forgot how. I could never remember how my grandma made hers so I kind of jus made up my own and to my surprise it turned out pretty good! Even the baby ate it! 


So to get started you'll need a crockpot and the following ingredients: 


*1 can of Tomato paste

*1 can of Tomato sauce 

*1 can of diced tomatoes

*2 cans of kidney beans 

*2 beef bouillon cubes

*2 bay leaves

*Onion

*Ground cumin

*Chili powder

*Onion salt

*Garlic powder

*Meat of your choice




A little secret...This was only supposed to be a 5 ingredient recipe..oops! 


I didn't have any fresh onion so I used my dried chopped onion, not the same but it worked and my meat of choice was hamburger. 


I cooked my meat and put everything in the crockpot then added the meat last.





Then I just mixed it all up and turned it on. Now, don't do what I did, which was start it on high and not realize it until later..again oops! I would recommend low for maybe 4-5 hours or so. And because I started mine on high it was a little on the dry side so I added another can of Tomato sauce and it was okay. 



Finished 

Just garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy! We did cheese and sour cream and of course can't forget the corn bread!




No comments:

Post a Comment